Drive-Thru and Live Streaming Event
Saturday, September 26, 2020
11AM - 4PM
Festival Address: Phillis Wheatley Center
40 John McCarroll Way, Greenville, SC 29607
The Atlantic Institute and the Istanbul Cultural Center would like to extend our deepest thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate Turkey at our 2020 Drive Thru Turkish Food Festival! As a group of volunteers, we knew it would be a risk attempting a new format, and while we had to work out some kinks, we could not be more pleased with the results!
We thank all the volunteers that came out during this time of COVID to donate their time as well. This was our chance to do something fun with the community while also promoting a valuable cause. Raising awareness for the persecution of people across the world is a part of our mission, and the current situation in Turkey hits very close to home for many of our members.
We would also like to thank our volunteers for making this event possible, we rely on all of you to help us make meaningful outreach to our community. We have a lot of plans already for 2021 as we continue our mission of peace and understanding.
Thank you for coming and participating!! We hope to see you in person next year!
MEAT DISHES $10 BOX
· GYRO: Mix of Beef and Lamb, also known as Doner in Turkey. This classic Mediterranean dish of thinly sliced beef and lamb is a timeless favorite! Served with Rice, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Tzatziki Sauce
· Grilled Chicken - Chicken cooked over an open flame, grilled to perfection and seasoned the Turkish way! Served with Rice, Lettuce, Tomato and Onion
· Kofte - A Traditional Turkish meatball dish, made with a unique blend of spices. Served with Rice and onions, peppers, tomatoes
SIDES COMBO BOX $8
· Dolma: Sweet Peppers stuffed with rice, vegetables and spices. A Vegetarian Dish
· Sarma: Stuffed grape leaves. Must be tried to be believed! Rice, onions and varied seasonings rolled tightly in grape leaves. A Vegetarian dish
· Eggplant Salad: Roasted Red Peppers and Roasted Eggplant. Using the eggplant in a way that will make you rethink growing or buying one next time you see it.
· Chickpea Salad: A favorite side in Turkey, this includes chickpeas and vegetables mixed with onion, lemon, parsley. A hearty, vegetarian dish.
DESSERT BOX: ONE OF EACH FOR $8 or TWO BAKLAVA PIECES FOR $5
· Baklava: Classic Mediterranean dessert with pistachios or walnuts, crispy, flaky dough, and a simple sugar syrup.
· Pumpkin Baklava: A Traditional Baklava with an American twist for the Fall. This dessert includes a layer of tasty pumpkin with Walnuts or Pistachios
· Bisküvili: This is also known as cookie cake. A different kind of dessert made with tea biscuits, chocolate pudding and typically rolled into a log and sliced.
· Revani Cake: A scratch-made cake made with semolina flour and garnished with coconut
COLD DRINKS $1 Each
· Coke,Diet Coke, Sprite, Water, Fanta
HOT DRINKS· Turkish Tea $2: Made the traditional double pot way with loose tea leaves
· Turkish Coffee served with Turkish Delight $3: Turkish coffee is a style of coffee prepared using very finely ground coffee beans without filtering. Sugar and Coffee is boiled together and then poured into a small cup. We add a small piece of Turkish Delight as a compliment